[U] PRINCIPLES OF GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING 10E SI UNIT - BRAJA DAS 9780357420485
TITLE : PRINCIPLES OF GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING - BRAJA DAS
ISBN13 : 9780357420485
PUBLISHER : CENGAGE (2021)
EDITION : 10E SI UNIT PAPERBACK
PAGES : 733 COLOR PAGES
Gain a solid understanding of soil mechanics and soil properties as Das’ PRINCIPLES OF GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING, SI, 10th Edition introduces these topics together with coverage of the latest field practices and basic civil engineering procedures. This book provides the important foundation you need for future design-oriented courses as well as professional practice. Updates address seepage, vertical stress in soil mass, lateral earth pressure and earthquake forces, elastic settlement, shear strength of soil, unit weights of soil and plasticity. This practical approach combines comprehensive discussions and detailed explanations with almost 200 new or updated example problems to help ensure your understanding. Expanded and updated end-of-chapter problems provide opportunities to apply your knowledge. This edition also offers more figures and worked-out problems than any other book in the market to further your skills and understanding.
Table of Contents
1. Geotechnical Engineering -- A Historical Perspective.
2. Origins of Soil and Grain Size.
3. Weight-Volume Relationships.
4. Plasticity and Structure of Soil.
5. Classification of Soil.
6. Soil Compaction.
9. In Situ Stresses.
10. Stresses in a Soil Mass.
11. Compressibility of Soil –- Elastic Settlement.
13. Shear Strength of Soil.
14. Lateral Earth Pressure: At-Rest, Rankine, and Coulomb.
15. Lateral Earth Pressure: Curved Failure Surface.
16. Slope Stability.
17. Soil-Bearing Capacity for Shallow Foundations.
18. Subsoil Exploration.
19. An Introduction to Geosynthetics.
Answers to Selected Problems.