PRINCIPLES OF GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING 9E SI - DAS 9781305970953
TITLE : PRINCIPLES OF GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING - DAS
ISBN13 : 9781305970953
PUBLISHER : CENGAGE (2017)
EDITION : 9E SI UNIT PAPERBACK
Gain a solid understanding of soil mechanics and soil properties as Das and Sobhan's PRINCIPLES OF GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING, SI EDITION, 9E introduces these topics together with coverage of field practices and basic civil engineering procedures. This book provides the important foundation that you need for future studies in your design-oriented courses and in professional practice. This book ensures a practical approach by incorporating a wealth of comprehensive discussions and detailed explanations. PRINCIPLES OF GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING, SI EDITION, 9E provides more figures and worked-out problems than any other book for the course to further ensure your understanding.
Table of Contents
1. Geotechnical Engineering -- A Historical Perspective.
2. Origins of Soil and Grain Size.
3. Weight-Volume Relationships.
4. Plasticity and Structure of Soil.
5. Classification of Soil.
6. Soil Compaction.
9. In Situ Stresses.
10. Stresses in a Soil Mass.
11. Compressibility of Soil.
12. Shear Strength of Soil.
13. Lateral Earth Pressure: At-Rest, Rankine, and Coulomb.
14. Lateral Earth Pressure: Curved Failure Surface.
15. Slope Stability.
16. Soil-Bearing Capacity for Shallow Foundations.
17. Subsoil Exploration.
18. An Introduction to Geosynthetics.
Answers to Selected Problems.