INDUSTRIAL / ORGANIZATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY MICHAEL AAMODT 9th AE 9789815077186
TITLE : INDUSTRIAL / ORGANIZATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY - An Applied Approach - MICHAEL G. AAMODT
PUBLISHER : CENGAGE (2022)
EDITION : 9th AE PAPERBACK
PAGES : 688 PAGES
Discover the importance of industrial and organizational psychology in everyday life with Aamodt's INDUSTRIAL/ORGANIZATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY: AN APPLIED APPROACH, 9E. This updated edition presents the latest developments and technology in use as the award-winning author balances recent research and proven theory with practical application. You master critical skills as you analyze in-depth topics such as interview survival, creating job descriptions, performance appraisals, the latest employment law, job satisfaction, work motivation and leadership. You also explore emerging topics such as gamification and the virtual workplace. This edition keeps your interest with humor, relevant case studies, real examples and a welcoming writing style. Innovative and up-to-date charts, tables and flowcharts reflect the latest statistics and developments in the field. In addition, meaningful exercises help you better understand today's complex industrial and organizational issues.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to I/O Psychology.
2. Job Analysis and Evaluation.
3. Legal Issues in Employee Selection.
4. Employee Selection: Recruiting and Interviewing.
5. Employee Selection: References and Testing.
6. Evaluating Selection Techniques and Decisions.
7. Evaluating Employee Performance.
8. Designing and Evaluating Training Systems.
9. Employee Motivation.
10. Employee Satisfaction and Commitment.
11. Organizational Communication.
13. Group Behavior, Teams and Conflict.
14. Organization Development.
15. Stress Management: Dealing with the Demands of Life and Work.