[U] INDUSTRIAL / ORGANIZATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY 8E - MICHAEL AAMODT 9781305118423
TITLE : INDUSTRIAL / ORGANIZATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY - An Applied Approach - MICHAEL G. AAMODT
ISBN13 : 9781305118423
PUBLISHER : CENGAGE (2016)
EDITION : 8E HARDCOVER
PAGES : 688 PAGES
Striking a balance between research, theory, and application, the eighth edition of INDUSTRIAL/ORGANIZATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY: AN APPLIED APPROACH helps readers discover the relevance of industrial/organizational psychology in everyday life through practical application. Readers analyze topics such as resume writing, interview survival, job description authoring, performance appraisal, employment law, job satisfaction, work motivation, and leadership. Humor, case studies, real-world examples, and a friendly writing style make the book both readable and interesting. Numerous charts, tables, flowcharts, and exercises help readers conceptualize complex issues.
Table of content
1. Introduction to I/O Psychology.
2. Job Analysis and Evaluation.
3. Legal Issues in Employee Selection.
4. Employee Selection: Recruiting and Interviewing.
5. Employee Selection: References and Testing.
6. Evaluating Selection Techniques and Decisions.
7. Evaluating Employee Performance.
8. Designing and Evaluating Training Systems.
9. Employee Motivation.
10. Employee Satisfaction and Commitment.
11. Organizational Communication.
13. Group Behavior, Teams and Conflict.
14. Organization Development.
15. Stress Management: Dealing with the Demands of Life and Work.