[U] ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS ABD WAHID MD RIJI 9789835214622
TITLE : ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS - FOR SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING STUDENTS - ABD WAHID MD RIJI / ISMAIL KHAMIS / HAMISAN RAHMAT / MOHD NOR MOHAMAD / ONG CHEE TIONG
ISBN13 : 9789835214622
PUBLISHER : PENERBIT UTM (2017)
EDITION : 1ST EDITION PAPERBACK
PAGES : 557 PAGES
This book is written by a team of experienced mathematics lecturers
from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Skudai and Universiti Tun Hussein Onn
Malaysia, Batu Pahat mainly for tertiary level students. It is
specifically written as a text for students studying subjects such as
Pure Mathematics, Basic Mathematics and Foundation Mathematics at
A Levels, Matriculation level, Fundamental Science Course and first year
students in Institutions of Higher Learning in Malaysia. The contents
of each chapter are organized cognitively so as to guide the student to
acquire the essential concepts and to develop mathematical skills
Among the helpful features in the book are:
- 1. More than 360 solved problems, with complete steps of solution to help students understand the basic processes.
- 2. Short quizzes at the end of each sections to consolidate the skills acquired.
- 3. Exercise at the end of each chapter to help student recapitulate
concepts and reinforce learning. More than 500 questions are arranged
according to increasing degrees of difficulties.
- 4. Many of these problems are posed to challenge students' thinking processes and to help them develop thinking skills.
- 5. Tables showing formulae for differentiation, integration and trigonometric identities, included at the end of this book.