ELEMENTS OF CHEMICAL REACTION ENGINEERING 4E PNIE FOGLER 9781292026169
TITLE : ELEMENTS OF CHEMICAL REACTION ENGINEERING FOGLER
ISBN13 : 9781292026169
PUBLISHER : PEARSON (2013)
EDITION : 4E SI PNIE PAPERBACK
PAGES : 880 PAGES
Great structure to ensure principles are clearly understood and can be applied after the completion of the book. This is achieved first through a discussion of critical thinking and how Socratic questioning is at the heart of critical thinking, followed by examples of critical thinking questions, and then finally exercises on critical thinking. Contains more coverage of industrial chemistry with real reactors and real reactions and extends the wide range of applications to which chemical reaction engineering principles can be applied. Through the use of an interactive CDROM that is shrunk wrapped with the text and corresponding web page the book and resource material is designed to address different student learning styles according to the Felder-Solomon Learning Style Index. (e.g. global/sequential, active/reflective, verbal/visual and sensing/intuitive)
Table of contents
2. Conversion and Reactor Sizing.
3. Rate Laws and Stoichiometry.
4. Isothermal Reactor Design.
5. Collection and Analysis of Rate Data.
6. Multiple Reactions.
7. Reaction Mechanisms, Pathways, Bioreactions, and Bioreactors.
8. Steady-State Nonisothermal Reactor Design.
9. Unsteady-State Nonisothermal Reactor Design.
10. Catalysis and Catalytic Reactors.
11. External Diffusion Effects on Heterogeneous Reactions.
12. Diffusion and Reaction.