[U] Issues and Ethics in the Helping Professions Gerald Corey / Marianne Corey 11th AE 9789815160666
TITLE : AE Issues and Ethics in the Helping Professions Gerald Corey / Marianne Corey
ISBN13 : 9789815160666
PUBLISHER : PEARSON (2023)
EDITION : 11th ASIAN EDITION PAPERBACK
PAGES : 544 PAGES
Reflecting the latest research and practices, Corey/Corey/Corey's ISSUES AND ETHICS IN THE HELPING PROFESSIONS, 11th Edition, helps you discover and determine your own guidelines for helping within the broad limits of professional codes of ethics and divergent theoretical positions. This bestseller is the ideal resource for students in any helping field -- a book readers return to well into their professional careers. The authors point out central issues, present a range of diverse views on the issues, discuss their position and provide opportunities for you to develop your own informed position. Offering a wide range of perspectives, about 40 respected leaders in the counseling profession also share their positions through the new Voices From the Field feature. Also available, the MindTap digital learning solution delivers interactive learning, study and exam prep tools.
Table of Content
1. Introduction to Professional Ethics.
2. The Counselor as a Person and as a Professional.
3. Values and the Helping Relationship.
4. Multicultural Perspectives and Diversity Issues.
5. Client Rights and Counselor Responsibilities.
6. Confidentiality: Ethical and Legal Issues.
7. Managing Boundaries and Multiple Relationships.
8. Professional Competence and Training.
9. Ethical Issues in Supervision.
10. Issues in Theory and Practice
11. Ethical Issues in Couples and Family Therapy.
12. Ethical Issues in Group Work.
13. Community and Social Justice Perspectives.